On June 10th, Julia Moore appeared in Charlotte's WCNC to explain 'cancel culture.'
George Floyd's death creating 'cancel culture' for companies making racially insensitive comments
Author: Lana Harris
5:57pm June 10th, 2020
"CHARLOTTE, N.C. — In the wake of George Floyd’s death, companies are increasingly being abandoned by their partnerships and customers for racially insensitive comments.
See Julia's complete interview on WCNC news.
On June 16th, Julia appeared on NEWSWIRE, a press release and news information distribution service, to discuss BLM and Policing. See the recorded video and transcript here.
Defund or Reform? BLM and Policing Expert Panel
Topic: Black Lives Matter protests continue, congress debates police reform legislation, and our experts will discuss issues affecting minorities and how their communities are policed in the U.S., and what changes can be made to increase police accountability and reduce deaths of black men and women at the hands of law enforcement.
Media were invited to participate and ask questions in this Zoom meeting, either on camera or by chat.
- Natalie Kroovand Hipple, Ph.D - Associate Professor, Criminal Justice - Indiana University
- Vesla Weaver, Ph.D - Bloomberg Distinguished Associate Professor of Political Science and Sociology - Johns Hopkins University
- Ersula Ore, Ph.D - Lincoln Professor of Ethics in the School of Social Transformation and assistant professor of African and African American studies and rhetoric Arizona State
- Muniba Saleem, Ph.D - Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication and Media and a Faculty Associate at the Institute for Social Research - University of Michigan
- Julia Robinson Moore, Ph.D - Associate Professor, Department of Religious Studies - UNC Charlotte
Newswire Moderator: Thom Canalichio